WASHINGTON — The Board of Governors of the U.S. Postal Service will meet in open session May 6 at Postal Service headquarters, 475 L’Enfant Plaza, SW. The public is welcome to observe the meeting beginning at 8:30 a.m., in the Ben Franklin Room on the 11th floor. The Board is expected to discuss the following items:
Thursday, May 6, 8:30 a.m.
- Minutes of previous meetings
- Remarks of the Chairman of the Board
- Remarks of the Postmaster General and CEO
- Committee reports and committee charter amendments
- Quarterly report on financial performance
- Inspector General report on Postal Service share of Civil Service Retirement System pension responsibility
- Quarterly report on service performance
- Tentative agenda for the June 21-23 meeting in Louisville, KY
Dates and Times: Wednesday, May 5, 2010, at 10 a.m.; Thursday, May 6, at 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
Place: Washington, DC, at U.S. Postal Service Headquarters, 475 L’Enfant Plaza, SW., in the Benjamin Franklin Room.
May 5 at 10 a.m
Matters To Be Considered in Closed session:
Wednesday, May 5 at 10 a.m. (Closed)
1. Strategic Issues.
2. Financial Matters.
4. Personnel Matters and Compensation Issues.
5. Governors Executive Session–Discussion of prior agenda items and Board Governance.
6. Inspector General Report on USPS Share of CSRS Pension Responsibility.
7. Quarterly Report on Service Performance.
8. Tentative Agenda for the June 21-23, 2010, meeting in Louisville, Kentucky.
Thursday, May 6 at 10:30 a.m. (Closed–if needed)
1. Continuation of Wednesday’s closed session agenda.