APWU Condemns USPS Invitation to Ignore Agreements

APWU President William Burrus has criticized the outcome of a meeting of 700 USPS executives, at which participants were invited to identify the best opportunities for improving postal efficiency. According to a USPS News Link report dated Oct. 18, among the top vote-getters were managing sick leave and overtime, and maximizing the use of non-career […]

USPS-Branded Hollywood Legend Stamp Puzzles Now Available

From the United States Postal Service: Featuring Iconic Celebrities from the Hollywood Legends Stamp Series Six new stamp puzzles featuring John Wayne, Lucille Ball and other Hollywood Legends stamps take the puzzle out of gift giving. Manufactured in the United States by White Mountain Puzzles, these 1,000-piece puzzles also depict images of Humphrey Bogart, James […]

Stolen USPS Laptop Held Postal Employees Information

(Hawaii) About 3,000 Oahu postal employees received letters in the mail this weekend warning them that their personal information may be compromised. The employees’ names, Social Security numbers and other information were on a laptop computer that was stolen in August. So far, there is no indication the thief was able to access the employees’ […]

PRC Issues Final Regulations on Rulemaking for the New Ratemaking System

Postal Regulatory Commission Press Release Press Briefing – Thursday, November 1, 2007 2:00 pm, Commission Hearing Room Washington, DC – The Postal Regulatory Commission (PRC) today released the final regulations to implement new modern ratemaking and classification systems for market dominant and competitive mail products. The 178-page Order describing the regulations is available on the […]

PRC: USPS Could Lose Millions in Proposed Deal

The Postal Service could lose more than $45 million if a proposed agreement with the Bank of America Corporation is implemented, the Postal Regulatory Commission (PRC) concluded in early October, but the commission decided nonetheless that the agreement could be justified under the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act. The APWU opposed the agreement, arguing that […]

Postal Worker Indicted for Getting OWCP and Railroad Disability Checks

A federal grand jury has indicted a former postal employee for fraudulently obtaining disability benefits through false statements. U.S. Attorney Michael J. Sullivan; Marjorie Frazman, Special Agent in Charge of the Department of Labor, Inspector General’s Office; Joanne Yarbrough, Acting Postal Inspector in Charge of the U.S. Postal Inspection Service; and Inspector Martin J. Dickman […]

OIG Report: The Postal Service’s Strategic Workforce Plan

USPS Office of Inspector General Audit Report  as of June 2007, bargaining employees represented 89 percent of all Postal Service employees. Nonbargaining employees represented the remaining 11 percent. Table 1 also shows that 22 percent of bargaining employees were Function 1 employees (Mail Distribution), 34 percent were Function 2B employees (Delivery Services), and 16 percent […]