The Board of Governors met today in closed session
Wednesday, August 4 at 10 a.m. (Closed)
1. Strategic Issues.
3. Financial Matters.
4. Personnel Matters and
5. Governors’ Executive Session— Discussion of prior agenda items and Board Governance.
WASHINGTON — The Board of Governors of the U.S. Postal Service will meet in open session Aug. 5 at Postal Service headquarters, 475 L’Enfant Plaza, SW. The public is welcome to observe the meeting beginning at 8:30 a.m., in the Ben Franklin Room on the 11th floor. The Board is expected to discuss the following items:
Thursday, Aug. 5, 8:30 a.m.
- Minutes of previous meetings
- Remarks of the Chairman of the Board
- Remarks of the Postmaster General and CEO
- Committee reports
- Quarterly report on financial performance
- Quarterly report on service performance
- Tentative agenda for the Sept. 21-22 meeting in Washington, DC
The Postal Service receives no tax dollars for operating expenses, and relies on the sale of postage, products and services to fund its operations.