WASHINGTON, DC — The Board of Governors of the U.S. Postal Service will meet in Washington, DC, at Postal Service Headquarters, 475 L’Enfant Plaza, SW, on May 6-7, 2008. The public is welcome to observe the Board’s open session, scheduled to begin at 8:30 a.m. on May 7 in the Ben Franklin Room on the 11th floor. The Board is expected to discuss the following items:
Wednesday, May 7 at 8:30 a.m.
* Minutes of the previous meetings, April 1-2 and April 14, 2008.
* Remarks of the Chairman of the Board (Alan Kessler).
* Remarks of the Postmaster General and CEO (John Potter).
* Committee reports.
* Quarterly Report on Service Performance (Delores Killette, Consumer Advocate and Vice President).
* Quarterly Report on Financial Performance (Glen Walker, Chief Financial Officer & Executive Vice President).
Richmond, VA, Processing and Distribution Center (Tom Samra, Vice President, Facilities).
New York, NY, International Service Center/John F. Kennedy Air Mail Center New Lease – Ground and Building (Mr. Samra).
* Tentative agenda for the July 29-30, 2008, meeting in Washington, DC.