The Board of Governors of the U.S. Postal Service will meet in Washington, DC, at Postal Service Headquarters, 475 L’Enfant Plaza, SW, on Jan. 29-30, 2008. The public is welcome to observe the Board’s open session, scheduled to begin at 8:30 a.m. on Jan. 30 in the Ben Franklin Room on the 11th floor. The Board is expected to discuss the following items:
Wednesday, Jan. 30 at 8:30 a.m.
1. Minutes of the previous meeting, Dec. 10-11, 2007.
2. Remarks of the Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Board (James Miller and Alan Kessler).
3. Remarks of the Postmaster General and CEO (John Potter).
5.Consideration of Board Resolution on Capital Funding (Chairman Miller).
6.Quarterly Report on Service Performance (Delores Killette, Consumer Advocate and Vice President).
7.Quarterly Report on Financial Performance (Glen Walker, Chief Financial Officer and Executive Vice President).
8. Capital Investments (Tom Samra, Vice President, Facilities).
a. Providence, RI, P&DC Expansion.
b. West Sacramento, CA, P&DC Expansion.
c.Perris, CA, Delivery Distribution Center.
9. Tentative agenda for the March 4, and April 1-2, 2008, meetings in Washington, DC.
10. Election of Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Board of Governors.