Retail Customer Experience Program (RCE) Changes
December 29, 2010
The Postal Service has announced changes to the Retail Customer Experience Program (RCE), previously known as the Mystery Shopper Program, which will begin in January, 2011. Currently, Retail Associates (RAs) use the Perfect Transaction method to ask scripted questions to customers who are mailing packages, in which RAs offer specific products that provide features and benefits.
* Beginning in January, 2011, RA’s will no longer be required to use the Perfect Transaction method.
* RA’s can customize their questions to best address individual customer needs.
* Product Offerings and Product Explanation categories will no longer be scored.
* RCE Shopper comments for these categories will be provided for informational purposes only.
* In addition, the HAZMAT question will still be required, but instead of asking the question for each individual package, the question will now be asked for the entire customer visit.
The scoring weights of RCE categories will be revised as follows:
|Current Weight||New Weight|
|overall RCE score||overall RCE Score|
|Promotion & Merchandising||10%||25%|