AREA MAIL PROCESSING (AMP) FEASIBILITY STUDY
Fox Valley, IL P&DC to South Suburban, IL P&DC
Area Mail Processing (AMP) is the consolidation of mail processing operations from one or more postal facilities to other facilities to improve operational efficiency and/or service.
An AMP study was initiated to evaluate the transfer of originating mail processing operations from the Fox Valley, IL Processing and Distribution Center (P&DC) with those performed at the South Suburban, IL P&DC. The initial results of this study support the business case for consolidation.
This study, currently in review at United States Postal Service Headquarters and its Area Office, is subject to change.
A public meeting will be held to share the initial results of the study and allow members of the community to ask questions and provide feedback. The public’s input will be considered prior to a final decision.
The meeting will be held on Thursday, June 3, at Waubonsee Community College, Route 47 at Waubonsee Drive, Sugar Grove, IL 60554 at 7:00 pm.
Below are preliminary highlights from the feasibility study:
1. Business Case:
Proposed annual savings in the draft AMP feasibility study are approximately $1,552,397.
2. Postal Employees:
Due to the consolidation, a net decrease of approximately 40 positions is projected. All
reassignments will be made in accordance with collective bargaining agreements.
3. Local Customer Considerations:
Services that are currently available from the Fox Valley facility will continue to be available to
• Collection box pick-up times will not change as a result of the AMP.
• Retail services will remain the same.
• Business mail acceptance will remain the same.
• A local postmark will be available for stamped First-Class Mail.
• Delivery of mail to residences and businesses will not change as a result of the AMP.
4. Commercial Mailers:
• Mailers who presort mail will continue to receive applicable postage discounts.
• Mailers who drop ship mailings will continue to deposit them at the Fox Valley facility.
Comments may be sent to:
CONSUMER AFFAIRS MANAGER
CENTRAL ILLINOIS DISTRICT
6801 W 73RD ST
BEDFORD PARK IL 60499-9631
All comments must be postmarked by June 18, 2010.