The Board of Governors of the U.S. Postal Service will meet in Washington, DC, at Postal Service Headquarters, 475 L’Enfant Plaza, SW, on Sept. 25-26, 2007. The public is welcome to observe the Board’s open session, scheduled to begin at 8:30 a.m. on Sept. 26 in the Ben Franklin Room on the 11th floor. The Board is expected to discuss the following items:
Wednesday, Sept. 26 at 8:30 a.m.
1. Minutes of the previous meeting, Aug. 7-8, 2007.
2. Remarks of the Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Board (Jim Miller and Alan Kessler).
3. Remarks of the Postmaster General and CEO (John Potter).
4. Committee reports.
5. Board of Governors calendar year 2008 and 2009 schedule (Chairman Miller).
6. Office of the Governors fiscal year 2008 budget (Chairman Miller).
7. Postal Regulatory Commission fiscal year 2008 budget (Chairman Miller).
8. Consideration of the fiscal year 2008 operating and capital plans – FY 2008 Integrated Financial Plan (Glen Walker, Chief Financial Officer and Executive Vice President).
9. Tentative fiscal year 2009 appropriation request (Mr. Walker).
10. Capital investments.
a. Perris, CA, Delivery Distribution Center (Tom Samra, Vice President, Facilities).
b. Miami, FL, Mail Processing Facility (Mr. Samra).
11. Tentative agenda for the Nov. 14-15, 2007, meeting in Washington, DC.